Sunday, February 20, 2011

Isolation.

This is going to be a quick one...

I missed you. I just wanted to tell you that sometimes it gets a bit lonely in 'jewelry land.' I thought I'd take a quick moment to tell you how grateful I am that you come here and visit with me from time to time. That means a lot. It's quite nice to know that I'm not all alone. Not to be pushy, but I would love it if more of you left me comments. That just really makes my day. No, really... it DOES :)

And I was thinking...

...That *perhaps* I will purchase a small video camera so that I can say 'howdy' a bit more often, and you can see the things I am working on. Doesn't that sound fun? I think so! (*Note to self: wear makeup while filming). Please let me know what you think of this idea. I'm curious.

Okay. Here are some of my latest creations. I haven't listed all of them yet, but I'm getting there:

'Kaiso' = seaweed in Japanese ~ an oceanic treasure.

'Synesthesia': (noun) 1. a sensation that normally occurs in one sense modality occurs when another modality is stimulated.

'Hǎizhé' = jellyfish in Chinese ~ an oceanic delicacy.

That's all the listings for now. I have a few more to go, but I'll save them for another time.
 
Before I go, I just wanted to show you my two 'companions.' They are the ones who answer me when I talk to myself. Here's a hint.

Did you get it? Okay, I give! It is my pleasure to introduce you to (drumroll, please)...

Esmeralda, aka, Ezzzz... (she's being a coy little minx in this photo).


Here she is! Much better. Why, yes. Those are her *real* eyes. Cool right?

And the incomparable Sahara Ann, also known as 'Sahara, Lady Marmalade.' Please leave off the 'e' at the end. She likes it when you pronounce it as the French do. Don't ask.
 
Oh, jeez. I guess this makes me the crazy cat lady, who talks to her pets while making jewelry and drinking tea. Yeah. Not yet, I hope. 
Write me back? Pretty please?

xoxo


3 comments:

Pesky Cat Designs said...

Oh my goodness, I am drinking tea right now ( with lemon and sugar) and I just finished telling my Anni that she is the greatest kitty in the world. lol

I love working from my studio but it is a bit isolating at times. I totally understand how you feel. In NYC I worked a couple of days a week outside my studio. Socialized a lot more but I feel more fulfilled now being able to work on my creative endeavors full time.

I just love your latest biomorphic glass pieces. Isolation sure creates amazing things. :)

It was great seeing pics of your sweeties! More cat pics please! I think David Bowie also has one green and one blue eye if I remember correctly.

Thanks for being such a good blog friend. I'll be stopping by again very soon!

PS The video camera sound great!

Anonymous said...

I'm here, sweet one.... also drinking large quantities of tea, talking to my furries (cat and 2 dogs)and following my creative muse wherever it leads! Yet creativity is full of paradox - a deep sense of fulfillment but increasing isolation too. But such beauty is the consequence, as your treasures here so elegantly demonstrate! Keep shining your sparkling light of joy and inspiration... we are still here, fluttering around in its beam!!!
Hugs Jo xx

Natanya Elka said...

Thank you, ladies... I know that I can always count on you to be my very best *blog friends* :)

Cat lovers + tea drinkers, UNITE!

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...